What is a Java developer? What do they do and how do they differ from other tech professionals? Learn more about Java developers and how they can possibly help your business.
You are at home with a good cup of coffee. Then you thought of listening to some music or business podcast, so you open Spotify. Or, you may be out buying essentials, but you need a quick money transfer using Cash App.
Spotify and Cash App are only a few mobile applications that are made using Java. There are still many software and mobile apps out there that use Java technology. But Java couldn’t have made these applications on its own. Behind this robust technology are a team of experienced Java developers.
This article is in pursuit of answering the following questions:
- What is Java?
- Job Description: What is a Java Developer?
- What makes a good Java developer?
- Where can you find a Java developer?
What is Java?
Before we get an in-depth discussion on what a Java developer is, let us first ponder upon the Java technology. How is the Java technology used by companies today?
Java is an object-oriented programming language that can produce software for various platforms. Java is one of the most popular programming languages for business applications; it has been for the past few years. Even after its peak of popularity, Java is still being used by a lot of companies.
The popularity of the programming language is not unheard of. As a matter of fact, Java has a lot of advantages both for the developers and business products.
Here are a few reasons why Java is very popular in the market even today:
- It is simple and easy to learn. Java has user-friendly syntaxes for application development.
- It is platform-independent
- Architectural neutral
- Object-oriented programming language
You’ll find a lot of software and applications are built using Java in various platforms such as:
- Android applications
- Desktop GUI Applications
- Web-based applications
- Financial and retail services
- Science and research
With the popularity of the technology, there is a demand for Java developers in tech companies. But what is a Java developer and how can you find a good one?
What is a Java Developer?
A Java developer designs, develops, and manages Java-based applications. They are considered the visionaries when it comes to information solutions. How? Java developers can drastically improve application functionality through speed and scalability. They recommend new solutions that can improve user experience and overall application performance.
Moreover, here are some of the tasks that Java developers usually take on within the company:
- Java developers design, develop, and maintain the phases, code, and software of Java-based applications.
- Conducting processes such as software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging.
- They also recommend changes to improve existing processes.
- Identify production and non-production application issues, as well as converting requirements into specifications.
What Makes a Good Java Developer?
Every business owner wants the best people for their company. That is no exception when it comes to finding Java developers. But how do you spot a good Java developer from the rest?
Choosing a developer is dependent on what the company wishes to achieve. But there are essential skills that developers should have:
- Ultimately, strong Java proficiency is a must. Java developers must be well-versed in the latest versions of Java.
- Since Java is an object-oriented programming language, they should have comprehensive understanding of OOPs Concepts.
- In-depth knowledge with various designs, and languages. Additionally, familiarity with methodologies such as SQL, ORM, RabbitMQ, Microservices, Scrum, Agile, and J2EE.
- Adept in using multiple frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, Angular 2/4/5, Spring Boot, etc.
- Keen mind when it comes to details so that they can identify errors and can quickly adapt in a testing environment.
Where to Find Java Developers?
According to Coding Dojo, Java’s popularity as one of the most in-demand programming languages has been steadily rising since 2017.
However, some states are facing a dilemma in finding skilled developers at a reasonable rate. As the competition for the top Java developers intensifies, the recruitment process becomes more time-consuming and costly.
Aside from IT recruiters in your area, there is an option to partner with a trusted and capable offshore software development company like Full Scale. For over three years, Full Scale has been helping small to medium-sized businesses in their journey towards success.
Partnering with Full Scale can gain you a lot of benefits.
1. Gain access to a large pool of developers
Our company houses skilled and experienced developers in the country. Our main office is located in Cebu City, Philippines where IT professionals are abundant. Since our developers are all experienced in the field, you can forego further training. The Java developer can immediately focus on your project once on board.
2. Excellent technical abilities but at a cost-effective rate
Recruitment in the tech industry is a highly competitive field. The more skills and experience you want, the higher the expected cost. Fortunately, that may not be the case when you partner with an offshore company.
You can book an appointment with our company and discuss ways on how we can effectively help your business. There is no need for recruitment costs and additional rates. What you are paying is the working hours of the developer.
3. Focus on core business process
The long recruitment process can cost you a lot of opportunities. Stop spending a lot of unnecessary time on recruitment. You need to focus on core business processes that can propel your business to success.
Full Scale can absolutely help you with that. But first, you need to determine what your company needs the most. Provide us with your requirements and we will present you a filtered list of candidates you can choose from.
Once you have a developer in mind, you can start the onboarding process. There won’t be a problem when it comes to managing your offshore developers. We have capable floor managers that can overlook their progress and daily reports for your convenience.
If you want to know more about how Full Scale can help you, book an appointment now!